Офисный лексикон

В рабочем пространстве мы постоянно обсуждаем дела и друг друга, кто работает за троих, а кто бамбук покуривает. Тут как раз пригодятся вот эти полезные словечки: 

⭐️ Work somebody in – give someone his share of work. “If he appears, we’ll just work him in”.

⭐️Workaholic- a compulsive worker. “Our new boss is a real workaholic who almost never takes time off”.

⭐️Workafrolic – someone who is happy to take on more responsibilities. “If you are doing your thing, suddenly you turn into a workafrolic”.

⭐️First day nerves - feeling nervous the first day at a new job. "The most important thing to help ease first day nerves is to remember to be kind to yourself."

⭐️show someone the ropes = show someone how things are done: “How was my day? Well ….first-day nerves, you know. But my colleague showed me the ropes, so I felt quite confident.

⭐️pull your weight = do your fair share of the work: “He’s a good team worker and always pulls his weight.”

⭐️a mover and shaker = someone whose opinion is respected: “He’s a mover and shaker in the corporate world.”

⭐️pull a few strings = use your influence for something: “I had to pull a few strings to get this promotion.”

⭐️a "them" and "us" situation = when you (us) are opposed to “them”:“These biases and cultural differences created and “US” and “THEM” situation”

⭐️butter someone up = be very nice to someone because you want something: “If you want a pay rise, you should butter up the HR.”

⭐️put your feet up = relax: “After finishing all the reports I can put my feet up for a while.”

⭐️go the extra mile = do more than is expected of you: “He is new in our department and always goes the extra mile to show that he is a hard worker.”

Если вы также работаете в международной компании, поделитесь, какие ещё фразы в ходу у вас в офисе?

Ниже небольшой тест

The CEO accused the marketing department of not _____ their weight.
Всего голосов:
________ your boss up is not a guarantee you'll get a promotion.
Всего голосов:
My dad used to be mover and ________. In the banking world.
Всего голосов:

Ещё больше тестов и новые идиомы каждый день в моем канале English Toaster

EnglishPub

890 постов8.5K подписчиков

Добавить пост

Правила сообщества

Запрещено размещать посты:

— Рекламного характера

— Политического уклона